Menu

Historical summary of the Institute of Pharmacology

The Institute was founded within the framework of the Academy of Medical Sciences and came into being de juro in 1952 initially entitled the Institute of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy (up to 1969).

An outstanding Russian researcher in pharmacology, academician of Academy of Medical Sciences Vasily V. Zakusov (1903 - 1986) has been at the head of the Institute from 1954 till 1979.

Academician of AMS, Professor Arthur V. Valdman, one of V. Zakusov's disciples has been the Director of the Institute during the period of 1979 - 1990.

Ever since 1991 the Institute is being headed by academician of RAMS, Professor Sergeui Seredenin (born 1946).

Higher Attestation Commission

Higher Attestation Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation

the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation

The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation